Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Are You F%&#ing Kidding Me?


I'm not much of a tech weeny when it comes to gadgets and electronic toys. I don't own an iPod. I've dropped numerous cell phones off of my boat or in the pool. So many in fact that I now buy used phones for $30 and I'm quit happy with them. I can't text on them, they don't take photos or video—they just make and receive phone calls. Sometimes I wish they didn't even do that.

But when I saw the TV ads for Apple's new iPhone I was impressed. That was until I saw the price $400 to $600 bucks. Are you fucking kidding me? And let's not forget AT&T's share of the pie which is even better. Services starting at $50 to $100 per month. Are you fucking kidding me? Do people have any idea how many minutes they will burn through looking at all those stupid videos on YouTube? A 1000 minutes a month will disappear faster than you know it. But shit I still want one. If for no other reason, than they're really sexy looking.

However I've justified my reason for waiting for another 5 years to two ideas: First the price will go down on both the phone and the service and second some geeks have already figured out how to hack the thing. Not that I'm really concerned too much about hackers. I've never been hacked before (sound of me knocking on wood) and I've never met anyone who has been hacked. But the media tells us to fear hackers and I must admit I do. So for future reference if anyone out there wants to hack my phone make it easy on yourself and just give me a call I'll give you all the info you want , unless of course my phone is at the bottom of the pool.

No comments: