Monday, September 22, 2008

You Just Can't Make This $hit Up!!!


Orphaned hare raised in woman's bra
When Cherida Cannon's labrador Teal chased and killed a hare, she set about preparing it for the pot.

But there was a surprise in store. The hare turned out to be pregnant, and its unborn baby's heart was still beating.

A frantic rescue mission was launched -- and today the tiny, helpless creature has grown into a bounding tame hare called Miracle.

Describing the moment when Teal brought her his prey, Mrs Cannon, of Alton, Hampshire said: "The hare was so beautiful, I just couldn't bare to throw her away. I thought she'd make a nice meal so started gutting her."

It was her cleaner, Tina Rhodes, who noticed the unborn baby. Mrs Rhodes said: "I rubbed its chest and blew on it and dried it with a towel, then suddenly it opened its eyes and begun cleaning itself."

The women mixed up baby formula belonging to Mrs Cannon's granddaughter and fed it to the baby hare, known as a leveret, with a syringe every hour.

Mrs Rhodes's sister, Margi Heath, was put in charge of caring for the orphaned creature. Mrs Heath, 57, said: "She stayed indoors with me. I put her in my bra to keep her warm, else she would have died. I slept with her and every time she was hungry she popped her head up."

Here's the full story.

No comments: