Friday, October 19, 2012

Goodbye Coconut Bay. I'll miss you

-->


The move out of my house In Oyster Bay along the Indian River Lagoon is exactly one week away. I have mixed emotions about leaving the house I designed and built in 1999. After all I often thought that I would be buried in the backyard under one of my palm trees. But I’m single again and the house is too big for me and the upkeep too expensive.

I found a beautiful 2/2 Villa in Pointe West in Vero Beach with a great view of the main gazebo from the front porch. I’ll be close to friends that also live in the neighborhood. That was one thing that I lacked in Oyster Bay. Friends. I have nice neighbors but no friends. Never hung out with anyone there and they all seemed to keep to themselves. PW is a pretty, family neighborhood with community pools, playgrounds a great golf course and club and Polo fields.

It’s very different from any place I have ever lived before. I’m looking forward to it but will certainly miss my old friend in Oyster Bay.

No comments: