Friday, June 29, 2007

My 30th High School Reunion



I'm quickly coming up to one of those milestones in life that everyone dreads. My 30th high school reunion. I graduated from Cardinal Newman in West Palm Beach.It took me several months to decide if I would attend. The deciding factor was when I found some old friends on Classmates.com who had posted pictures of themselves and others from my class.

It was then that I discovered that I didn't look half bad. I mean I've been back in the gym for the past year now and have lost some weight and added some muscle. Plus I still have a great head of hair with just a touch of gray. It's very distinguishing. Yea right.

But there are several friends that I'm really looking forward to seeing again. Raul who owned a brown 1975 Cougar that if were still running today would smell like reefer. The cheap Columbian kind that you could buy back then. Not that brain numbing, green sticky shit they sell today.

Then there was Henry. Henry left high school and flew jets off of aircraft carriers and now flies for United Airlines. I'm not sure which is more dangerous. But most of all I want to see how he survived with a name like Henry. My old friend John had a hot looking blue van that would probably smell like Raul's Cougar if it were still around. John was so cool that he lived in his own house down the street from his parents. Can you say debauchery?

My only fear is that these guys have not turned into total asshole and I don't like them anymore, but then they're probably thinking the same thing about me. And according to my wife I am and asshole. I'll have photos in July and I'll post them for everyone to laugh at. Go Crusaders!!!

No comments: