Thursday, September 13, 2007

Flyfishing The Manistee River In Michigan





It's been a week since my camping trip to the Manistee River in Michigan. Because of the warm weather the salmon had not really started their run in large numbers. We were able to land one nice 32 inch King and lost another after a long strong run. The weather was beautiful 70's during the day and mid 50's t night. I can tell you that large quantities of adult beverages were consumed that week.

We also saw a variety of wildlife, deer, bobcats, wild turkey and bald eagles. I had the opportunity to visit the town of Manistee and Lundford. I was particularly impressed with the flower lined main street of Lundsford and it's small town beauty. I can also testify to the great burgers at Michael's downtown.

If you ever have the opportunity to visit this beautiful part of the country I highly recommend it. The pictures are of myself fly fishing in the Little Manistee and myself, and two brother in laws Steve and Mike. There is also a group shot of myself with from left Mike, Gordon and Steve.

No comments: